While reducing standardized testing is squarely on this legislative session’s agenda, it’s the grassroots engagement from educators that will push these bills over the top. Teachers and education support professionals have the stories to put the testing issue in perspective for legislators—and we need your help to generate the momentum to make sure those stories are told.
MSEA will hold a Week of Action from March 7 to March 11, when MSEA members and education advocates will have opportunities to engage with legislators and tell their stories:
- Monday, March 7: Join the Facebook rally for less testing by posting MSEA shareables to your page.
- Tuesday, March 8: Wear red and post your photo to social media with the #lesstesting, and then call your legislators to ask for their support by dialing the MSEA hotline number, 888/520-6732.
- Wednesday, March 9: Send an email to your legislators at LessTestingMoreLearning.com and share your perspective.
- Thursday, March 10: Dial in to the Less Testing Teletown Hall at 7:30 p.m. for an update on our progress and learn what we need to do next to help achieve our testing goals.
- Friday, March 11: Join our Twitter Storm by tweeting about our legislative package at LessTestingMoreLearning.com/tweet.
Click here to download a flyer with the full schedule of activities for the Week of Action, and share it far and wide!